WHAT IS THE TBI FUND?
- The TBI Fund at the New Jersey Division of Disability Services provides New Jersey residents who have sustained a traumatic brain injury a wide range of services and supports
- Services provided to an eligible individual by the Fund may not exceed a lifetime total of $ 100,000.
- The Fund receives its revenue from a $0.50 surcharge on motor vehicle registrations
- To be determined eligible for the Fund, the injury must involve a bump, jolt, or blow to the head, or penetrating injury that disrupts the normal function of the brain. Additionally, applicants must:
- Submit medical documentation of a TBI to the Fund
- Have liquid financial assets of less than $100,000
- Been a New Jersey resident for at least 90 consecutive days
WHAT SERVICES ARE AVAILABLE?
Individuals found eligible for Fund services may receive a wide range of brain injury related services and supports, which include but are not limited to the following:
- Home modifications
- Assistive technology
- Physical, occupational and speech therapies
- Cognitive therapy
- Prescription medication
- Counseling services
- Neuropsychiatric/neuropsychological evaluations
- Personal care assistance
HOW DO I APPLY?
- Contact 1-888-285-3036 to request a TBI Fund application, or download and print an application form available at https://www.state.nj.us/humanservices/dds/services/tbis/tbifund/
Division of Disability Services
PO Box 705 Trenton NJ 08625
N.J.S.A. 30:6F-5 et seq., specifically 30:6F-8