Training & Outreach
Disability Rights NJ provides comprehensive and targeted technical assistance, training, education and outreach to people with disabilities, families, advocates, service providers and others in New Jersey on a variety of relevant topics. Our diverse outreach and training efforts range from small community groups to meetings with educators and legislators.
Disability Rights NJ’s education, training and outreach programs are conducted by staff advocates, legal staff or administrators and the efforts have reached over 20,000 individuals annually.
Below is a sampling of events.
Disability Rights NJ staff:
- Provided training to groups on agency programs and services with special emphasis on individuals and communities experiencing multiple forms of discrimination
- Presented to stakeholders about court-involved youth and juvenile justice issues
- Presented information to individuals and organizations about voter rights
- Conducted training about guardianship and supported decision-making
- Distributed resources at numerous conferences, conventions, and resource fairs
- Conducted workshops for undergraduate and graduate students at colleges and universities throughout the state
- Presented information to people with disabilities, family members and professionals about patient rights
- Conducted training on assistive technology services and devices for seniors and individuals with disabilities
- Educated youth, parents and education professionals about special education and transition services and supports available to students
- Provided information about SSA work incentives to people with disabilities, professional and family members
- Conducted Town Hall webinars for AT, I/DD and MH communities
- Presented to groups about critical issues during COVID-19 for people with disabilities
- Provided workshops to groups about Medicaid service issues
For additional information about specific topics or to request a training, please contact our Director of Training and Outreach at:
(800) 922-7233 (toll-free in New Jersey only) or (609) 292-9742
(609) 777-0187 (Fax)