Training & Outreach
Disability Rights NJ provides comprehensive and targeted technical assistance, training, education and outreach to people with disabilities, families, advocates, service providers and others in New Jersey on a variety of relevant topics. Our diverse outreach and training efforts range from small community groups to meetings with educators and legislators.
Disability Rights NJ’s consumer education, training and outreach efforts have reached over 24,000 individuals in Fiscal Year 2020. Below is a sample of some of the events.
Disability Rights NJ staff:
- Provided training to parent groups on agency programs and services with special emphasis on Spanish speaking individuals requesting transition and special education information.
- Presented to professionals about the juvenile justice issues
- Presented information to consumer groups about voter rights
- Conducted training about guardianship and decision-making
- Exhibited at numerous conventions, conferences and walks
- Conducted workshops for graduate students at Rutgers University
- Exhibited at transition fairs throughout the state
- Presented information to consumers, family members and professionals about psychiatric advance directives
- Conducted training on assistive technology services and devices for seniors and individuals with disabilities
- Provided information about SSA work incentives to consumers, professional and family members
- Conducted Town Hall webinars for I/DD and MH communities
Our training and education programs are conducted by Disability Rights NJ staff advocates, legal staff or administrators and are provided to groups whose applications for education and training services are accepted.
For additional information about specific topics or to discuss the development of training and education programs, please contact our Director of Training and Outreach at:
(800) 922-7233 (toll-free in New Jersey only) or (609) 292-9742
(609) 777-0187 (Fax)